The Bird Dawg (ICAO: O1 / WAKE: LIGHT) is a two seater single engine aircraft. Created in Second Life by Carly's Premium Aircraft, the aircraft was based on the real-life wikipedia:Cessna O-1 Bird Dog, built in the United States of America by Cessna Aircraft Company.
The real-life Cessna O-1 Bird Dog was introduced in 1950 by Cessna Aircraft Company of Wichita, Kansas. The aircraft is still being flown in private civilian use.
Available both in-world and on the Marketplace, Carly Premium Aircraft's recreation of the Bird Dawg features a highly realistic flight engine, fully-functional set of in-dash instruments, working doors, landing gear (with optional floats), flaps, and realistic lighting (landing light, navigation lights, strobes, and beacon).
- Highly realistic flight engine.
- Fully functional in-dash instruments.
- Optional pilot/co-pilot's heads-up display (HUD).
- Working lighting (landing light, navigation lights, strobes, and beacon).
- Working flaps, landing gear (floats version), and doors.
- Optional skis and floats undercarriages.
- Seats up to two people.
- Refueling system (DSA Fuel and TBM Fuel).
- Paint weathering and washing system.
- Optional external fuel tanks, smoke pods, marker rockets, and agricultural sprayer.
- Convenient drop-in repainting system.
- Fully customizable, via both menu and direct editing of mesh.