Claremont Intercontinental & Air Tennessee Airport (ICAO: SL--) were two distinct airports occupying the 'Bottenford' region of eastern Corsica. Claremont Intercontinental was built on a fixed platform raised over the sea with Air Tennessee Airport free-floating on a platform 420m above.
Construction on the facilities ground to a halt in mid-2014 and the build was disassembled.
- Claremont Intercontinental was an elevated airport platform above surface level at approx 80m. Minimum recommended approach 90m.
- Air Tennessee was a free-floating skyport platform at approx 500m elevation. Minimum recommended approach 525m.
- Airport is undergoing construction. Beware of objects out of place.
Beginning construction in early 2014, Claremont International Airport was a large platform airport featuring two runways. The lower platform (at 81 meters) featured two long runways and two public rez zones. The main terminal building, equipped with two gates, monorail station and control tower, was located on the south-east end of the platform. Plane parking and an aviation fuel station were available along the eastern perimeter.
Originally part of a project based in the 'Indigo' region of Sansara, construction of the first Air Tennessee Airport ceased in early 2014 and moved to join Claremont Intercontinental in the 'Bottenford' sim. Air Tennessee was a skyport located 500 meters above sea-level. It featured two large runways similar to its sister airport below. A serpentine internal monorail system linked the two platforms and a marina, similar to Claremont International Airport, was built below the Claremont International platform.
After a short existence, construction ground to a halt in mid-2014 and the build was disassembled; as were other properties owned by Roger Claremont at this time.
There are no longer scheduled services to and from Claremont Intercontinental & Air Tennessee Airports, as of November 2014.
Facilities and services
- Public rez zone.
- Tri-color Visual approach slope indicator (VASI).
- Aviation Fuel Station (DSA Fuel).
- Airport beacon.
- Terminal building with x2 jet bridges (Surface).
- Terminal building with x2 jet bridges (Skyport).
- Local Air Traffic Control system.
- Internal monorail system.
- Marina (at ground level).