The Douglas C-47 Skytrain or Dakota, RAF designation (ICAO: DC3 / WAKE: MEDIUM) is a fixed-wing propeller-driven military transport aircraft. Created in Second Life by EG Aircraft, the aircraft was based on the real-life Douglas C-47 Skytrain.
The Douglas C-47 Skytrain is a military transport aircraft developed from the civilian Douglas DC-3 airliner. It was used extensively by the Allies during World War II and remained in front line service with various military operators through the 1950s.
Aiming for a flight-simulator-esque experience, EG Aircraft's C-47 is equipped with realistic engine behaviour (starting/stopping), dummy paratrooper models, paratrooper lights, and functioning landing gear, flaps, lights, staircase, and doors. The C-47 also has crash-landing simulation if landing with gear up.
- Heads-up display (HUD).
- Realistic engine startup/stopping behaviour.
- Functioning landing gear, flaps, lights, staircase, and doors.
- Dummy paratroopers models.
- Paratroopers warning lights (preparing = red , green = Go).
- Front position.
- Realistic lighting ceiling.
- Crash-landing simulation.