Firelands Airport (ICAO: SLFO) was a public floating airport, seaplane base and harbour in Foresta region, north Satori. As of May 1, 2017 the owners of Firelands Airport now also own the Second Life International Airport in Nautilus. Firelands Airport closed on Friday September 7th, 2018.
- For the runway approach at 425 meters (runway at 403 meters running north to south). Approach from the north.
- You need splashdown first for approach to the dock or the beach.
- Public rezzing area with no autoreturn (you can visit the town and take a break time).
Firelands Airport is basically a floating plattform in the sky, and at the ground a marina with a beach and several jetties; there is a small village (Foresta Harbor Community) occupying three regions (Turvile, Beaulieu and Foresta) with various facilities and houses, and through its roads are accessible to the highway Route 8 and the New Horizons airport.
Currently, there are no scheduled services operating to or from Firelands Airport, however charter flights are available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
Facilities and services
- Public rez zone with no autoreturn (but don´t forgot your plane there, please)
- Public runway with terminal on sky platform
- Small rental hangars available
- Lit runway with glide path indicators
- Fire and emergency services next to runway
- Refueling stations for Dani, NTBI, TBM, and the Toxxon Global fuel station
- Some relax area around the beach
- Firefighters, hospital
- Rental homes and hangars available