"Iron Cloud" Airbase (ICA) is a steampunk/dieselpunk public skyport floating 400 meters above the 'Caledon Middlesea' region in the Independent State of Caledon - an independently operated group of regions separate from the Second Life mainland. The single largest aviation facility in the sim-chain, it is the home of steampunk avionics firm Constantine Air Werkz and the Crimson Pirates roleplay group.
- Runways intersect, exercise caution on approach/departure.
- Avatar flight is turned off at this location.
- Designed exclusively for steampunk/dieselpunk themed aircraft, modern/futuristic vehicles prohibited.
- Pilots can only fly to other locations in the Independent State of Caledon landmass from this location.
An intricate steampunk-roleplay construction, the airbase looks as though it remains aloft via the sixteen armoured and helium-filled gasbags positioned under the deck, while eight stabilizer fans keep it in position (pushing down on the airbase to keep it from drifting upwards). Underneath the flight deck is a labyrinth of catwalks and rusty metal; including the massive feed lines that connect the gasbags to the helium regulator in the ventral section. The Iron Cloud has four large, intersecting runways, with temporary/group parking provided inbetween. At the centre of the complex is the primary control spire - the Iron Cloud's central hub, which acts as the facility's ATC tower, habitable zone, and teleport arrival area. Also on-board, located directly below the lobby/arrival area, is Mags Jazz Lounge, the Constantine Air Werkz showroom, and the main studio for KBWM Radio.
There are currently no scheduled services operating to or from "Iron Cloud" Airbase, however charter flights may be available on request. Contact airlines for details.
Facilities and services
- Public rez zone.
- Visual approach slope indicator (VASI) - integrated into runway.
- Airport beacon - unorthodox colouration.
- Lounge facilities.
- Mags Jazz Lounge.