The NHIndustries NH90 (ICAO: NH90 / WAKE: LIGHT) is a medium-sized, twin-engine, multi-role military helicopter. Created in Second Life by Spijkers & Wingtips and Virtual Syl Designs, the helicopter was based on the real-life NH90 produced by NHIndustries, which is wholly owned by Airbus Helicopters, AgustaWestland and Fokker Aerostructures. and This is Largest Helicopter that Spijkers & Wingtips is Ever Made.
The real-life NHIndustries NH90 was developed in response to NATO requirements for a battlefield helicopter which would also capable of being operated in naval environments. The first prototype conducted its maiden flight in December 1995; the type began to enter operational service with some customers in 2007. The NH90 has the distinction of being the first production helicopter to feature entirely fly by wire flight controls. There are two main variants, the Tactical Transport Helicopter (TTH) for Army use and the navalised NATO Frigate Helicopter (NFH); each customer typically has various alterations and customisations made to their own NH90 fleets, such as different weapons, sensors and cabin arrangements, to meet their own specific requirements.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD) attachment.
- Functioning cockpit instruments with:
- Altimeter, vertical speed, airspeed, compass, artificial horizon, and fuel gauge indicators.
- Electronic flight instrument system (EFIS) with region mapping.
- Instrument lighting.
- Animated components (main rotor, tail rotor, landing gear, x4 entry hatches, x1 rear cargo hatch, folding tail section/main rotor).
- Interior lighting (passenger reading lights).
- Exterior lighting (navigation lights, strobes, and beacon).
- Incremental collective/cyclic flight system.
- Optional simulated fuel (DSA Fuel).
- ↑ Perry, Dominic. "Rotor club: Our top 10 most influential helicopters." Flight International, 21 November 2014.