Nihon Air was formed June of 2015 by aviation enthusiast Luke Carmona. The airline slowly came together over the course of a week due to financial restraints, and in the same month it was created, an alliance was formed with International Airlines to form Nihon International Alliance. In early July of 2015, a separate alliance was formed with newly created Air Korea before a merger alliance was formed between the three airlines on the 27th of July to create Blue Star Alliance.
Then, around November 7th of 2016, Nihon Air came to a close. The owner, Luke Carmona, replaced the airline with his newly formed Carmonair.
Airports in Second Life® served by Nihon Air include:
- Aleksandr International Airport (SLAI)
- Grenadier Marina & Airport (SLGR)
- Hollywood Airport (SLHA)
- New Horizons Airport (SLNH)
- Second Norway Lufthavn (SLSN)
- Seychelles Isles Airport (SLSI)
As of September 2015, the Nihon Air fleet includes the following aircraft:
- Airbus A318 (Dani)
- Boeing B-234 Chinook (AMOK)
- Boeing 737-800 (E-Tech)
- DC-10-30 (EG Aircraft)
- Embraer E170 (Dani)
- Embraer Phenom 300 (Dani)