- Runway is unmarked and unlit.
- Prominent Ban-line: east of the runway extending to 60m and marked by a radio tower
Opened in March 2015, Oniakaloha Airfield is a vintage dirt field themed on an abandoned WW2-era field in the South Pacific. It's equipped with an unmarked and unlit 180m x 6m pierced steel planking (PSP) landing surface. To either side of the approach-end of the runway, there is a swamp, a wooden watchtower, and a small boat dock. To the northwest of the runway is a sandy parking apron with numerous mid-sized hangars.
There is a short unmarked and unlit grass runway on the upper mesa to the northwest for more advanced pilots and a seaplane ramp and boat docking west of the main runway.
Designed for light propeller aircraft. Warbirds and vintage planes especially welcome, but the field is open to all.
Click the small map in the Welcome Area to check for hangar vacancies.
The following list includes all airlines who maintain a presence at Oniakaloha Airfield or operate scheduled services to and from the facility as of September 2016. Other non-scheduled charter flights may be available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
- Island Hoppers Air Charters
- Island Girl Charters
- Madison Airline
- Amazon Air
- Unity Airlines
- Vulture Air
- Vertical Air
- Kowalski Logistics. Home office.
Facilities and services
- Public rez zone
- GTFO location
- Passenger loading zone north of the runway
- 21 mid-sized hangars
- 1 Large Hangar
- Memorial to fallen aviators
- Seaplane ramp
- SLCAP Station SLOA. SL Civil Aero Patrol Headquarters. monitoring GridTalkie, 117.900 MHz, and Shergood Aviation ATC Radar ELT service
- Seaside Club House