The Porter (ICAO: PC6T / WAKE: LIGHT) is a versatile multi-role single engine STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) utility aircraft. Created in Second Life by Carly's Premium Aircraft, the aircraft was modeled to reflect the real-life PC-6 Porter, built in Switzerland.
The real-life Turbo Porter was introduced in 1961 in Switzerland. The aircraft is still being manufactured and is widely flown in private civilian, civil government, and military use.
Available in-world, Carly Premium Aircraft's recreation of the Porter features a highly realistic flight engine, fully-functional set of in-dash instruments, working doors, landing gear (with optional floats), flaps, and realistic lighting (landing light, navigation lights, strobes, and beacon).
- Highly realistic flight engine.
- Fully functional in-dash instruments.
- In dash ban-line navigation display.
- Optional pilot/co-pilot's heads-up display (HUD).
- Working lighting (landing light, navigation lights, strobes, and beacon).
- Working flaps, landing gear (floats version), and doors.
- Optional floats undercarriage.
- Includes airline, cargo, charter, executive, medevac, and firefighting versions.
- Seats up to 11 people.
- Refueling system (DSA Fuel and TBM Fuel).
- Paint weathering and washing system.
- Optional external fuel tanks (adds to range in fuel system).
- Convenient drop-in repainting system.
- Fully customizable, via both menu and direct editing of mesh.
- Carly’s PC-6 STOL Airplane - review