Rising Phoenix Travel is a virtual airline and charter company in Second Life®. The company serves the Second Life® Grid with universal charter and regular flights between regional airports in the Blake Sea, Nautilus, Satori, and Sansara continents.
- "The Phoenix is an ancient symbol of rebirth and renewal. Plan your next holiday with us and return refreshed to the pressures of everyday SLife. Arrive relaxed and ready to do business!"
- ― Angela Gracemount, Owner of Rising Phoenix Travel.
Formed in late 2014, Rising Phoenix Executive Travel is described as "an exclusive flight service for discerning travellers and their families". Unlike other airlines, their services are exclusive to members of the Phoenix Executive Travel Group. Prospective passengers are encouraged to visit their Head Office at Unity Airport and use the provided group joiner.
The airline operates a universal charter service for group members to any location in the Second Life® grid with standard regular flights to selected destinations (see below for locations). The airline is available for flights whenever Rising Phoenix staff are online; passengers are encouraged to leave a message at their offices in-world if offline and they will be in touch as soon as possible.
Rising Phoenix Travel flies alongside the following associate airlines:
As well as operating a universal charter service, Rising Phoenix Travel also conducts standard regular flights to the following destinations:
- Abbotts Airport (SLAZ)
- Aleksandr International Airport (SLAI)
- Bay City Municipal Airport (SLBC)
- Cheerport Intermodal (SLCS)
- Grenadier Marina & Airport (SLGA)
- Hollywood Airport (SLHA)
- New Horizons Airport (SLNH)
- Second Norway Lufthavn (SLSN)
- Seychelles Municipal Airport (SLSI)
- St Martin Airfield (SLSM)
- Poppyport Airport (SLPP)
As of November 2014, the Rising Phoenix Travel fleet includes the following aircraft:
- Airship 3 (Seating Capacity: 5)
Fixed Wing Aircraft:
- McKeenan Aviation Boeing 727-100C (Seating Capacity: 15)
- DHC-6 “Twin Otter” (Seating Capacity: 15)
- McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30 (Seating Capacity: 13)
- Embraer E170 (Seating Capacity: 12)
- Embraer Phenom 300 (Seating Capacity: 7)
- ATR 72 (Seating Capacity: 6)
- ATR 42-600 (Seating Capacity: 6)
- Cessna 421 (Seating Capacity: 6)
- Boeing 737-800 (Seating Capacity: 6)
- Beechcraft King Air (Seating Capacity: 4)
- Waco YKS-7 (Seating Capacity: 4)
- Rockwell Commander 112 (Seating Capacity: 3)
- DHC-2 Turbo Beaver (Seating Capacity: 3)
- Beechcraft Model 33 Debonair (Seating Capacity: 3)
Rotary Wing Aircraft:
- Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk (Seating Capacity: 6)
- UH-60 Blackhawk (Seating Capacity: 6)
- Bell 407 Jet Ranger (Seating Capacity: 6)
- AS-365 Eurocopter (Seating Capacity: 6)