RAF Tsurington Aerodrome (ICAO: SLTS) is a small public airfield located in the 'Tsurington' region of southern Nautilus, immediately north-west of Nautilus City. The facility is a themed Post War Era Aerodrome designed exclusively for light propeller aircraft.
- Non-Conventional runway material. Runway composed of concrete sectional blocks. Runway marked and Distance markers are lit.
- Visual approach slope indicator or Tri-Coloured VASI in use Amber=Too High, Green=Correct Path, Red=Too Low.
- Length 630ft X 65ft Width (192m X 20m) with additional 39ft (12m) clearance each side of marked runway.
- Runway Elevation 131ft (40m) or 65ft (20m) above Sea level.
- Runway Approach Bearing 280° @ 227m S-N, Take-off Bearing 10°
- Originally designed in the 1930s & exclusively for light prop engined aircraft to a maximum size similar to the DC-3 or C-47, the modernisation of the runway during the 1960s to concrete, further allowed the use of light jet engined aircraft.
RAF Tsurington is a themed Post War Era Aerodrome designed exclusively for light prop aircraft. Although jets are not allowed at any time, helicopters may stop temporarily to refuel at the Aerodrome. It’s a good place to refuel or take a time out to relax on the observation terrace after sampling a cocktail in the Lemon Drop Martini Lounge Bar during your travels over south of Nautilus.
Originally designed for light prop aircraft only during the 1930s era, with a criss-crossing layout (runway 09 for take-off and 27 for landing, with the shorter runway 11 / 29 only for emergency use), the airfield's runways were rebuilt in the 1960s with a new single 192m x 20m concrete runway design, making it now suitable for light jet engined aircraft also.
- 112 Squadron RAF ('The Shark Squadron')
- HM Coastguard RAF Tsurington Division operated by gridnet™ Consortium
Official Resident Airlines
Operating from its main terminal you will find the airports residential airline operators who offer passengers a regular classic travel service across the continents adjoining Nautilus region. One of the main contracted operator services is the subsidiary company of gridnet™ airways known as YELLOW AIR TAXI who are offering a business style Air Taxi Shuttle service to any sized & accessible airport from RAF Tsurington Aerodrome, these airline operators listed below are the only official airlines currently offering a regular service from the airport.
Un-Official non-resident Airlines
The following list includes all non-scheduled services to and from Tsurington Aerodrome, as of June 2016. Other non-scheduled charter flights may be available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
Facilities and services
- Public rez zone.
- Aviation Fuel Area(DSA, Terra, TBM, AvA fuel).
- ATC service: the owners made the ATC service, preferably via GridTalkie, a some hours a day.
- HM Coastguard Search and rescue (SAR) Base operational on GMT Timezones monitoring GridTalkie, 117.900 MHz, and Shergood Aviation ATC Radar ELT service.
- SL Civil Air Patrol station, monitoring GridTalkie, 117.900 MHz, and Shergood Aviation ATC Radar ELT service.
- x20 rental hangars & tie-down spaces various sizes.
- x4 rental Airline Desks.
- HMCG Station Base operated by gridnet™ consortium.
- SLCAP Substation Tsurington, operated by SL Civil Air Patrol
- AIR Taxi Shuttle Service.
- Residential Pilot Training School.
- Mid-sized terminal building with:
- Passenger Rooftop Viewing Gallery and Café.
- ATC tower building